4th Annual Teens for the Cure Tickled Pink
FEATURING THE FASHIONS OF CELEBRITY DESIGNER, BARBARA BATES,
Registration is now closed. No walk-ins, please. If you still wish to attend, call 215-238-8900 before 3:00 PM, Friday, November 16.
Macy's brings all the energy, style and edge of NYC Fashion Week to our National Constitution Center runway - pumping it up with their trademark magical twist that makes this show...undeniably amazing... uniquely Tickled Pink! Featuring:
- The styles of Barbara Bates, seen on NBC's Fashion Star, noted designer & breast cancer survivor
- Breast cancer survivor and teen models
- Hosted by Barbara Bates and Nicole Brewer, CBS 3/The CW Philly
- Choreographed to the sounds of David Zeidman Entertainment
Come for a party, infused with unrivaled fun. Come to make memories, life-time...life-changing. Come for empowerment, fueling your passion to end breast cancer forever.
- Music, fabulous food & dessert
- Incredible silent auction & giveaways
- Historical elegance studded with 21st century vivacity
- All proceeds benefit the Komen Philadelphia Affiliate
- $50/person (all tickets held at door; sorry, no walk-ins)
- Online registration is now CLOSED.
- Discount parking available for $9 at the lot on Race Street. Adults can pick up parking vouchers at event check-in. Click here for a map, parking and directions.
Thank You To Our Sponsors, Special Contributors and Committee
Take a moment now to view our very impressive list of 2012 Tickled Pink sponsors, contributors and committee - it is because of their generosity and passion that this year's event will be altogether successful, incredible and unforgettable!
More Fun & Opporutnities
- Relive the fun and memories of last year's Tickled Pink with our 2011 photo galleries.
- Become a fan of Komen Philadelphia Teens for the Cure on Facebook
- Sponsors, download our 2012 Sponsorship Opportuntiies Brochure & Contract.
The Affiliate proudly welcomes Philly Social Media Moms to our team of Teens for the Cure and Tickled Pink supporters. These dedicated moms are investing their time, talents and resources to embrace as many teens and the adults who love them in our fundraising and awareness initiatives... and we thank them all!
A recent breast cancer survivor, Barbara Bates is a Chicago native and designer who has been working in the fashion industry for over 25 years and knows what it means to be a fighter. After struggling as a teen mom, Bates began her fashion career while working as a secretary for the First National Bank of Chicago by selling her designs. She began selling designs in the bathroom during her lunch breaks. She expanded her clientele and had her own showroom. Bates has designed for numerous celebrities, including the late Whitney Houston, Michael Jordon, Steve Harvey and Cece Winans. In 1999, she founded the Bates Foundation, which provides custom prom attire for underprivileged young women and men from inner-city Chicago schools. Read Ms. Bate's complete bio.
Teens for the Cure: Empowering Teens to Make a Difference
The Philadelphia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is proud to embrace pre-teens, teenagers, and their parents from throughout our fifteen-county service area in Teens for the Cure®. Through this special initiative, together, we unite in enriching and saving lives in the neighborhoods in which you live through education, awareness and services for women in need... while also energizing science to find the cures. By giving you the power to make a difference against this disease, we truly believe one day soon all generations will live in a world without breast cancer.